· Purchase: Downtown Dollars can be purchased at the Main Street Office located at City Hall, 203 Elbert Street in the amount of $5 per coupon. Downtown Dollars may be used as cash at participating merchants.
· Participating Merchants: To participate as a merchant, please contact the Main Street Office at 706-213-3204.
· Redemption: Downtown Dollars may be redeemed for $5 with a purchase at any Downtown Elberton participating merchant. To redeem Downtown Dollars merchant must return coupon to the Main Street Office located at City Hall, 203 Elbert Street, Elberton, GA 30635 or by mail to PO Box 70, Elberton, GA 30635.
· Downtown tenants or property owners may receive reimbursement of 50% (not to exceed $500) of the cost of an approved storefront renovation.
· Eligible projects will include but not limited to exterior painting, awning replacement, new signs, and exterior repairs to building. Any project to be considered must meet Design guidelines as approved by the Historic Preservation Commission.
The mission of the Main Street Elberton program is to enhance the quality of life by strengthening the downtown as the center of the community through concentrated efforts in organization, promotion, design and economic development. To create a strong economic climate in which to live, work and play!